Saturday, February 02, 2008

Oh, Peter....

I'd like to do my own "Grind my Gears" segment for a moment. You know what really grinds my gears??? Know-it-alls. I was on the plane Friday, waiting to take off, when they announced that all electronic devices should be turned off. I, of course, didn't hear him because I had my noise-canceling headphones on. So the geek* (and I mean that in the nicest sense of the word) sitting next to me taps me on the shoulder and says "it's time to turn those off". Yes, he was right. It WAS time to turn them off, but was it really his place to tell me? I'm not exactly sure why, but it really irked me; I would never do that to someone. I would wait for the stewardess/steward to tell someone to turn it off. I just thought that it was a really dorky, nosy, somewhat rude thing to do. Yes, airlines have rules and they should be followed, but did this guy really feel that my headphones were going to affect the flight whatsoever? I'm sure some people will disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion. Gears grinded.

* If this guy's name wasn't Louis or Gilbert, I'll drink spoiled milk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something a triangle head would say.