Monday, January 28, 2008

Damn Drivers! Go Pats!

I'm in CA this week for business. I was headed north on 95 yesterday around 12ish, on my way to the airport, when this State Trooper starts weaving back and forth between all three lanes of traffic. He's purposely trying to prevent people from getting past him, and all the while, he's slowing down. We went from 70 mph to 50 to 30 to 20 (at which point, I'm all "WTF!!!!!!!!")....ON 95!!! A MAJOR 3-LANE HIGHWAY Finally, he just stops the cruiser in the middle of the highway, and tells everyone behind him to stop with one final crossing lady gesture (hand out, palm facing everyone). At this point, I'm thinking the guy's on drugs, and he's going to systematically go from car to car, killing random drivers at they sit in their car. We're stuck in the middle of the highway, right near the Rt.1/27 onramp, and traffic is backing up all the way behind me. Suddenly, I see 20 cruisers blaring their sirens coming onto 95 from the onramp, followed by 5 huge yellow buses. IT WAS THE PATS!!! On their way to the airport. When everyone recognized what was going on, we all started honking our horns and cheering. It was very cool!!! And what was cooler than that? I was able to follow the buses all the way to the airport....fastest commute to Boston ever. Yes, it was snowing AND there were police everywhere...but I still had to take a picture with my cell phone (not the smartest thing to do, but it had to be done). Not the greatest photos, but you can kinda see yellow buses.



No comments: