Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What is this blog, anyway? Song #1 : My Guitar Screams

I ask myself that question every time that I post. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure. Is this blog for my benefit, or for yours, kind Reader? With that said, I'm going to take a decidedly different turn over the next few weeks, and I hope that you can at least appreciate the effort that I'm going to put in. Sure, I'll still take the time to make a funny here and there, but for the next few weeks, I'm going to try and post a new, Hagbag-original song every single day (weekend not included). I might not be Carol King, and the quality of the lyrics may be low-end at best, but I'm thinking that it might at least get my creative juices pumping. So bear with me (or not). A lot of these songs will be blues-based (because it's the lyrical form that I struggle with the least), but I won't stay exclusively in that realm.

And with that, here's #1. It's about my guitar hating me (or about my lackluster guitar chops...you decide):

My Guitar Screams
I try to do the right the thing, but alway wind up astray.
Yes, I tried to hit the E chord, but I wound up on A.
Well, my guitar screams "kill me" every time that I play.

"Please mister, please...don't you take me for a ride."
she says, "Please mister please, don't you take me for a ride.
You're the only one who ever made me think of suicide."

I treat you like a goddess,
I've wrote you many songs,
I've tried to make you love me; it seems we'll never get along.

She says "Oh baby, you know that I love you, but your hands they do betray."
Well, my guitar will always scream "kill me" every time that I play.


I have no ego, so fire away with the feedback!! Thanks!

No comments: