Monday, January 21, 2008

Don't be mad, baby...you know I love you. Song # 1/2: Whiskey in Franklin

It's been awhile, and I realize that I've neglected you for way too long. I'm sorry, baby...I swear that HagBag will never do that again. Oh, c'mon baby...don't be that way...you know that I love you, and that I'd never hurt you, right? I wrote a song for you...do you want to hear it? No?!? But baby...I wrote it for you! It goes:

Whiskey in Franklin, tryin' to find my way home.
Yes whiskey in Franklin, tryin' to find my way home.
I've been spending too many days crying, can't spend another night alone.

I've been drinkin' baby, please excuse what I say.
Yes, I've been drinkin' sweetheart, please excuse what I say.
The words always go in one direction when I want them to go the other way.

Well I called my baby once,
I called me baby twice,
I don't remember what I said, I only pray that it was nice.

Well, I had Whiskey in Franklin, now I'm on my way home.
I've spent too many days a'crying, can't spend another night alone.


Are we cool now, Baby? Yeah....that's what I thought. Get over here, sweetheart.

No comments: