Thursday, November 10, 2005

Lesson Learned in Vegas, Oct 05'

Note to self: After a Vegas-trip, avoid the following for 6 months:
(List created as an infusion of ideas from Harding and I)

Gambling on sports
Betting anything on Akron
Drinking beer
Drinking vodka
Drinking Bacardi and Coke
Drinking frozen whatever drinks
Getting less than 10 hours of sleep a night
Smoking 2 or more packs of cigarettes a day
Being around smoking
24 hour diners
Harding's sister & friends
People that like to "Blow it Up" (BOOM)
Asian dealers
Craps
Blackjack
3 Card Poker
Pai Gow
Let it Ride
Slot machines with diamonds, sevens, bells, Jamaicans, etc.
ATM machines
Food
Any other items that cost money
Diana the Dealer
Harding's 4 Star Lock
Any drink longer than 2 feet long (i.e. gigantic well drinks)
13.99 Prime Ribs
1.99 Hot Dogs
Hash (still burping that shit up)
ANY Outdoor Bar
MegaAnything
Hag's "They owe us this time" feeling
Quarters that look like dimes
8:00am flights
Slow walks up to Venetian
4 of a Kind in Pai Gow
11:30pm onion rings
Harding hitting the wall (actually, this was kinda funny...see story below)
Hitting on 12
Hitting on 13
Hitting on 14
Hitting on 15
Hitting on 16
Staying on 12
Staying on 13
Staying on 14
Staying on 15
Staying on 16
Pressing up that Yo bet
Playing the field

Harding hitting the wall: Harding has an un-ending well of energy. Many people, on many occasions, have said "How the hell does he keep going??". For instance: He can drink ALL DAY LONG, which I can do, but then he can DO IT THE NEXT DAY AS WELL....which I've been known to do every now and then, but then he can DO IT THE NEXT DAY, TOO. You see, he's a machine. Well, we took a Friday-Monday trip to Vegas in Oct 05', and I can officially say that I've seen him hit the wall. He'd gone 3 days straight of getting up at 7am, drinking and gambling, and going to bed at 3-4am. Me? Nah, I was in bed at 10-11 each night...I'm a wuss, yes. So on the last night, we decided around 10pm to hit Victoria's Diner at Barbury Coast for a quick 13.99 prime rib (which, btw, was Fin'-A good). They seated us, and as we're sitting there, another couple is seated next to us, and the old guy actually says "What, are these guys wearing their pajamas??" (meaning, "Have these guys been up all night?"). Anyway, so I'm sitting there enjoying my steak, when I look over at Harding, and his eyes are pretty much shut. He had hit the wall. He drops his fork, and actually says "That's it....I'm done....I need to go up to the room.....you can stay if you want....but I'm done". Well, I nearly shit myself with laughter. The best image that I could find that resembles the way Harding looked that night is as follows:



No comments: