Wednesday, October 03, 2007

2 sick kids + 1 hungry dog = 1 extremely busy morning

Kid#1 (whom I'll now refer to as MPandy, 3) was out of school the past few days with a serious ear infection (actually, because of the fever caused by the ear infection). Kid#2 (whom I'll now refer to as Lammy, 6 weeks) has had a cold, but is in good spirits. Normally, MPandy is easy to take care of, as she does everything on her own (favorite saying "I'll do it"). However, for the past few mornings, she's been very tired, sick, woozy, fevered, etc, etc...which in turn makes her extremely clingy & needy (I'm not blaming her...she's miserable). Lammy is in a great mood, but she's only 6 weeks old, so she obviously requires a lot of attention. Anyway, both kids were laying on our bed this morning, when MPandy suddenly rolled over onto her stomach, and horked face-down into our bed (did I mention that she's been taking this deep-pink medicine?). I didn't notice right away (she was silent) until I looked over at her: Air-raid sirens go off, CODE RED, DEFCON1, CLEANUP IN AISLE 8!!!!! Pink mess everywhere. Meanwhile, the dog is going nuts trying to jump on the bed to "see what's going on". I gently guided MPandy to the bathroom, kicked the dog out of room, tore the bedcloths off of the bed and headed to the washing machine. It was a scene, man...a real scene.

No comments: