Monday, November 06, 2006

For those about to rock...

WE SALUTE YOU!! I'm in a really psyched out, AngusJohnsonScott mood. I don't know what it is, but AC/DC just makes me want to actually slam my head into a wall, but in a really good way, you know (i.e. it gets the ole' blood flowing..knowwhadImeen?)? And I've never been more psyched than this weekend, when I FINALLY bought my new guitars (I haven't decided on their names yet....any ideas??). For those not in the know, I've been playing guitar for the last 7 years, and I've been playing on my starter boxes for this entire time (a Korean-made Fender and a Washburn acoustic/electric). I've wanted to buy 2 new guitars for the longest time, but I kept putting it off. I went back and fourth, for 4 YEARS, trying to save the money, trying to find comparable knock-offs, trying to justify the purchase: I'm sorta going through a finance fanaticism at this point in my life, buckling down, saving for retirement (no, I'm not that old)...and I get serious buyer's remorse when everI buy expensive stuff. I digress...anyway, on a whim, I went to go take a look at some guitars this weekend.

For the longest time, I'd been leaning towards buying a Seagull S6 for an acoustic guitar, and an Agile Gibson rip-off for the electric (and by "the longest time", as I mentioned, I mean "years"). I sat down and played a few of the Seagull S6's and M6's, but found this really sweet Seagull Artist that just sounded so damn nice...for the price, I couldn't resist. As I was ringing up my purchase, I mentioned to the salesguy (a hip Brit named Amos, Ray Mullins Music in Swansea) if he had ever heard of Agile, that they had a good reputation for Korean-made Gibson take-offs, to which he replied "No, but c'mere and check this out". He proceeded to plug in and play this sweet lil' Gibson Studio that sounded so damn big. I took a few minutes to rip on er', and the decision was made on the spot (after conferring with T-Reno and getting a good deal): I would buy both guitars!!! Normally, something this impulsive would send me into fits of guilt, but the pangs have subsided, and I'm totally F'ing pleased with my decisions. Quite frankly, there wasn't much guilt at all, because I waited so damn long for this.....oh yeah, sweet release.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mind if I borrow one sometime? I'll make sure to return it in ONE piece!