Thursday, January 05, 2006

My first Gillette Stadium Excursion - Treo Pics #4





This is my fourth "Treo Pics" installment. These pics are from my first trip to Gillette Stadium, for the exhibition game against the NY Giants in 05'. First Time???

You: First time to Gillette?
Your stupid friend: But Hags, aren't you a HUGE Pats fan?
The Hag: Yes....Yes, I am. But you see, a long time ago...when the Pats still played at Foxboro Stadium, I went to a 95' Pats vs. Jets game with HTE and Keith. The seating was horrible, and the view was worse. (Sidebar: As bad as the seats were, I did learn a few NFL secrets that day from a choice section of local sports fans, like "Ronnie Lott has a twat" and "Boomer takes it up the bummer"...who knew??) After the game, I declared that "I will NEVER go to another game until they build a new stadium where a man of my stature can fit comfortably". And a new stadium with said seating was constructed, and the ticket prices henceforth sky-rocketed to the moon. Consequently yes, my first time was this time, so back the F off.

It was a Thursday afternoon, and my neighbor called and asked me if I wanted to go to "the game"? He said that a friend couldn't go, and that he had a ticket for me, and asked if I wanted to go. "Uh..hold on...lemme think.....Yes, yes I do!!!!". So I put on my best Red Sox jersey, Sox hat, kissed T and M goodbye, and headed outside. My neighbor's waiting for me in his truck, he looks at me, and he goes "You know...we're going to the Pats, right?". It didn't even dawn on me that he was talking about the Pats when he said "the game"...I just assumed that he meant the Red Sox...that's how far out out my realm of vision that actually attending a Pats game had been. Anyway, I left the Sox jersey on (hey, they were still in it at this point), and I ran in to switch hats. With that done, we headed to the train station, where we picked up his nephews (13 year old twins).

Well, it was a really fun time. Many beers were drank, and that's where it gets a little "blue". A drunk guy behind me ALMOST purposely poured his beer on me (he was being a jerk all game long, and near the end of the game, he said "Watch this" to his friends, and I turned around and caught him right before he was about to do it). I don't think he realized that I was as big as I am, because when I stood up and told him I was going to break his face, he looked a little frightened. Anyway, it was the end of the game, and my neighbor said "Let's get going...". So we left, but not before I yelled down to the jerk that I'd meet him upstairs (I had no intention of fighting this loser in front of my neigher AND HIS YOUNG NEPHEWS, but I just wanted to make this guys last 15 minutes at Gillette a little "frantic"). As we left, I apologized to my neighbor, and explained to his nephews that my reaction was probably not the best way to handle the situation (lie...it was the BEST way, and the only way that I know of) and that fighting is wrong (technically, I didn't fight at all...I just threatened to fight the guy...and if he HAD poured beer on me, it wouldn't have been a fight...it would have been a mauling).

I digress. It was a fun time, except for the end, which I felt really bad about, even though I don't think it was my fault (if I didn't say anything, and he poured his beer on me, and I still didn't do anything...I'd be running this scenario in my head for years to come). Why do stupid a-holes always start with me? I really don't like fighting, and consider myself too intelligent and too old to resort to it...but it's in my nature to never back down. I guess that's something I'll need to work on, huh? Anyway, enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

The Hag Bag said...

Yes. My "crew" just had jackets made. They were suppposed to say "Crew of Lost Souls", but they came delivered with "Buttercup" on the back. They're lovely!