Saturday, November 19, 2005

Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!!!!

The voice mail that I left went something along the lines of "It's just not working out" or "It's not you, it's me". In any case, yes, I quit my job of 36 days yesterday, and I did it over the phone (voice mail first, then a followup call with my boss)!!! I would've done it face-to-face, but my boss was never in the office. I think he was shocked, because he thought that I was actually enjoying my time there. He was ALSO very pissed because I didn't give any notice. Look, I was only there for a month...my TPS reports will not be missed. Anyway, I guess I owe this following list to the people that told me that I should never leave my last company:

Top 10 Things that I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs during my 36 day tenure (but didn't, because I wanted to get the hell out of there as soon as possible):

10) "TURN OFF THAT STUPID 'Heart of Glass' RINGER ON YOUR PHONE, BIATCH!!!" Just because you like Debbie Harry (and actually have her 80's haircut), it doesn't mean that everyone else should have to hear it whenever your cell goes off.

9) "WOULD YOU PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP THE GOD-DAMNED HAMMERING!!!". They were doing construction in the office all day long, and it was extremely loud.

8) "DOES THE HEAT GO ANY HIGHER THAN 40 IN THIS OFFICE?!?!? I'M FREEZING!!!". I'm not normally a cold person, but this place was like a meat locker. And there weren't any "lookers" in the office whose breasts would've made this situation bearable.

7) "YOU'RE THE WORST SALES PERSON I'VE EVER WORKED WITH. RT 1 DODGE IS HIRING, JACKASS!!". I worked with the most annoying, conniving, ineffective sales person...that's all I'm going to say about that.

6) "BUSINESS CASUAL???" I just don't get it...if you're not in front of clients, why can't you wear jeans? Who am I dressing up for?

5) "I'M FLYING OUT TO CALIFORNIA FOR THREE DAYS FOR ONE LOUSY MEET&GREET?? ONE?!???!?" No comment...ok, one comment....this company knows how to waste money.

4) "100 HUNDRED MILLION SHARES OUTSTANDING FOR THIS FUCKING SHITHOLE OF A COMPANY??!?!?" This little detail remained hidden until after my first week. Goodbye options...

3) "HEY, MR. CEO, WHEN YOU WALK BY YOUR EMPLOYEES IN THE HALLWAY, LOOK UP AND SAY "HI"!!!! AT LEAST MAKE AN EFFORT TO LOOK THEM IN THE EYES!!!". I don't think he does this because he knows that a lot of people are going to be screwed when they get laid off in a few months. Guilty, perhaps?

2) "THIS PLACE IS A SAUSAGE FACTORY!!!". Seriously, I heard guys arguing about who was the hottest girl in the company, and the top choice was a 40-year-old mother of two. Second place went to the Russian developer with a mustache.

AND

1) "I QUIT THIS SHITHOLE!! SMELL'YA LATER, SUCKERS!!". I really wish I had the cajones to do this, but I don't, OK? Do you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

Wanted to let you know I'm a big fan of the blog! I just started learning about these not long ago and stumbled across your site. Can I expect more regular postings now that you've left your disappointing job? My partner and I LOVE reading about your and your friends exploits and always check to see if you've had any new chuckles. Well, you've got 2 dedicated fans that are gonna stick with you, so keep on Bloggin'!