Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I always run into people I "sorta" know

Funny thing happened on the way to lunch at the Greek restaurant the other day...I ran into Nick the bartender. Nick used to work at the bar formerly known as Hannah's (f.k.a The Sam McGuire) in lovely downtown Meffah'. I used to resent him somewhat because he could never remember my name (which is still the case), BUT I was wholely impressed that he recognized me. He was picking up his gyro, I was waiting for my lamb kabob, and we recognized each other immediately. He's an assistant vice principal now, which is good for him, but I sorta wish he was still a bartender. He let our tab "ride" on so many occasions, real tears were shed when we found out that he no longer worked at Hannahs. In fact, I'm getting a little weepy just thinking about it...mmmmmm, free drinks.

No comments: